6.22.2006

Planetary Pranksters and Stuff That Sucks, or Divine Intervention and Staying Honest

(original post 6/15/06)

So what if I read my horoscope all the time?! So what if it's always right?!

This week needs to goddamn end. :) This post needs to be amusing and easgoing instead of pissed off and stressed....usually writing makes me feel better, so that's the goal.

Just a small recount of the shit that's happened to me this week that has put me in such an irritated mood...even though I'm trying my best to take a deep breath and laugh:

-unpaid parking ticket that was not supposed to be paid by me did not get paid...i come home for lunch on monday and receive a warrant for my arrest. :) get to drive to the atm w/ constable following close behind and retrieve $80 for the cause.
-big ass truck on the highway throws dirt and dust at my car, and only later do i realize there's a huge crack in my windshield. cannot afford to fix it. don't know yet if insurance will cover it. probably not.
-wallet gets left behind in bldg i work in. no big deal, people here are trustworthy, right? wrong. stolen. lose $30, plus $10 to replace driver's license, plus had to cancel the atm/check card, and must now wait 7-10 days for the new one. i don't have a local bank, so i don't really have any access to my money. must still write someone a check so i can get cash.
-after wallet gets stolen, gas tank is on E. having no cash, i go to uni-mart to write a check. only after i put $10 do i find out they don't take checks. at least the guy let me come back 5 hours later to pay.
-i'm broke. between losing the cash in my wallet, paying the parking ticket, and finding out that my last car insurance payment didn't get taken out of my ex's account like they had told me it did....i don't really even have enough money to eat & drive for the month, let alone have any goddamn fun.
-i left my lunch on my porch. :( i can't drive home to get it because i don't have enough gas to drive back and forth, nor the money to afford to do so. the cats are gonna eat it.
-someone who was going to take one of the kittens can't now. tally is back at four, but i'm pursuing other options.


on top of all these concrete things (or because of them), on the outside i'm ok and on the inside i'm a big knot. i'm feeling hyper-senisitve and nervous about saying or doing the wrong thing and hurting someone. i'm also really anxious about potentially making a fool of myself. i'm still pretty sure that blunt honesty is the way to go (otherwise i wouldn't be writing!). i rely too much on other people to make me happy, but i sure do need them now. i really want to do something this weekend that is fun, free, outdoors, relaxing, social, and involves being with the people i love. i'd also be open to winning the lottery.

*sigh*

ok. i hate to be the downer so i'm forcing myself to end on a happy note, and then go about the rest of my day acting like i've taken this blog and burned it in the wind. :) happy note, happy note....hmmm....

i had a great night. :) i'm glad i went out. tonight's plans have had a wrench throw in 'em (TD's canceled, kids - whaddya want to do now?), but i'm thinking that might not end up being that bad. i can't afford our lifestyle anyway. ;) we'll have fun somehow. i also am debating about intervening in something that is totally none of my business...but i'm pretty sure a long distance friend of mine, who is way more on the same page as me than he'd ever realize, needs to cheer the fuck up, realize his own worth, stay a little more sober, and see that there's a nice young girl out there who is trying make him happy... *she is soo cute and seems like a total doll*, and he needs someone positive in his life, me thinks. and i barely know him. :) hee hee. for some reason the intervention makes me giddy.

i love my friends. Even more than 107 of them. :)

alright. i'm in a better mood now. time for cup of coffee number three.

No comments: