6.02.2008

Updates

(**NOTE, 10/29/09**: This post, and all posts between 9/18/07-6/2/08, were part of a separate blog I started when I thought I'd grown tired of this one. But now I see the point of leaving it all in the same place. ;-) As you were...)

I think I've gotten out of the blogging thing for a number of reasons, including the fact that I'm busy and happy and seem to be finding other things to fill up my time, besides sitting in front of a computer and writing. ;) Not that I don't enjoy writing as much as I always have, but I'm at a point where I feel like my personal communications with my friends and family are way more important than a private journal for the rest of the free world to lurk over. I do still enjoy the forum for comments on current events, or catching up on some of my old blog friends' lives (which is why I'm writing now, thanks to Darek for the motivation!). I spend a lot less time on Myspace (blah) and a lot more time on CNN, Digg and reading news feeds. I guess I believe it's a lot better for my brain, and I know I've become more opinionated than I've been in the past. Autodidacticism rocks...too bad those mail-order degrees tend to backfire. ;)

Nevertheless, it's time for an update of my own, if only to assure everyone else and myself that I'm so much happier now than my last entry would indicate. Really, if you read that last one, the only excuse I have is that birth control completely fucks me up. I still feel some mild anxiety on occasion, but it's not even close to the emotional wreck I become with all those weird hormones. My sleep schedule is a little wacky, but I'm getting better, healthier sleep than I was 6 months ago, definitely.

So, I'm happy and busy. I have a lot of love in my life. I have a love of my life, too. :) I feel like I've grown up when it comes to relationships, and I'm a lot more confident and optimistic because of it. I used to describe myself as one of the most optimistic people I knew, and then for years that was NOT the case. Lately, that optimism has returned, and the motivation to plan and achieve the goals that I have in mind. Love helps. :) I'm gardening (and am in way over my head with the number of tomato and pepper plants I bought, but canning should be fun!), I'm working two jobs, I'm communicating more with my parents and my brother, I'm moving into a new apartment in August, I'm getting some more exercise (plan to buy a bike), and did I mention I'm really in love, too? ;-) And even though, as always, there are things to work on and things to fix and things to think about, those things don't make me nearly as anxious as they would have in the past.

So I don't *plan* on spending much more time writing unless the mood strikes me - which certainly happens on occasion, so we'll see. I'm hoping that this summer keeps me happy and busy enough that I won't be writing again until October, when I'll be looking back on the successful garden, camping trips, amusement park visits, good meals and happy memories with my love and my friends, and telling you all what an awesome summer I had. :)

No comments: