4.18.2006

Post with no direction. :)

Road trip for work, to Maryland. Saw TWO Bald Eagles on the drive. Beautiful...I mean, really beautiful. They were absolutely amazing to see, flying over the rivers, on a gorgeous, crystal clear spring day. There wasn't a second of our drive down or back that I wasn't just staring out the windows with my jaw dropped. Everything went from brown and gray, to pink and yellow and minty green and purple and blue...all in one weekend, it seems. Breathtaking.

I feel as though, over the past two weeks or so, I've been holding back from people, somewhat. I'm not really sure why. I think it's ok...I don't feel like it's a bad thing...I think it's an issue of self-protection, perhaps. Anyway, even though I'm alright with it right now, I hope I can slough it off soon. It's not like me to hold back. Really. But, as usually happens, writing something like that tends to turn things around...so we shall see.

I have a shitload of work to finish up over the next three days...and since Thursday is a holiday, I'll be leaving work early, so I've gotta get my shit together tomorrow and get crackin'. FYI: I don't dislike my job anymore. It was other things I disliked, that were affecting my job. HOWEVER, I'm still very, very unhappy with the whole lack of windows thing, and I would pretty much give up my ability to walk if someone would offer me a desk near a window...preferably an open window...or more specifically, why don't we just carry my desk outside and I'll run a cord out to the phone. I'm sure the wireless internet will work right outside the door. Ok? Seriously, I AM NOT built to work in an office. It's driving me fucking crazy. Who does this shit for 20-some years? I'll wither away first.

So as to not end this on such a dreary note...I might actually make it through this month without being down to my last $5, but only if the gas stops going up so much. I already have some beer for the tailgate on Saturday! and plans for next weekend that shouldn't involve much money at all (spring cleaning at Camp Kilroy!). Soooo....if I can be good in the middle of the week and not drive around too much, May might not be so hard to wait for after all. :)

And oh yes, before I forget, because God knows I'm not keeping up with this anymore but it's still fun to suggest:

Really Good Driving Song: Every Time You Say Goodbye - Alison Kraus & Union Station

No comments: